Buffalo Chicken Chilli Recipe
First of all, it is an easy-to-make recipe. Secondly, you will love the creamy goodness that comes with it. So, when you are tired and want something to keep you busy as you watch a film or TV, you know the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe got your back.
Kitchen Utensil Set
Chili / Soup Bowl
- 1 LB Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained (14.5oz Can)
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (14.5oz Can)
- 1 Can Chicken Broth (14.5oz Can)
- 1 Can Canned Corn (14.5oz Can)
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 Package Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Celery Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 1 Package Cream Cheese 8oz Package
Combine chicken breasts, fire roasted tomatoes, corn, white beans (drained & rinsed), hot sauce, chicken broth, ranch dressing mix, celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder, & dried cilantro into the crockpot. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Take two forks to shred chicken in the slow cooker; it really should fall right apart. If this a pain to do in the crock pot; use tongs to pull the chicken breasts out of the crockpot & transfer chicken to a cutting board to cut.
With the chicken in the crock pot & all ingredients combined; add the cream cheese. Stir until buffalo chicken chili is creamy & smooth.
Serve with blue cheese crumbles, drizzle of blue cheese dressing, cilantro, tortilla chips, or even avocado slices.
Variations and Options
- If you think the chili will be too spicy for some of your guests, don’t add the ½ cup of hot sauce to the crockpot. Start with adding only ¼ cup of hot sauce & serve additional sauce on the side, or add another 1/4 cup at the end.
- For reduced-fat options, use less fat cream cheese. (Both work great)
- Boneless chicken thighs, ground chicken, ground turkey, or turkey may be substituted for the chicken breasts.
- To make this KETO buffalo Chicken Chili, omit the beans & corn.
- If the chili is too thick, thin it with additional chicken broth.
- Enter this recipe in your next Chili Cook-Off; we are confident it will make the top 5, if not top of list #1.
What We Suggest Pairing it With
You can serve your cheesy chili with tortilla chips. It feels wonderful dipping them into your bowl of chicken chili. Besides, you can also add cream cheese to enrich and thicken your chili. However, make sure you are adding it at the end.
For wine and beer lovers, a glass of your favorite wine or a bottle of beer will go a long way to make it memorable.
- For a spicier outcome, be generous with the buffalo sauce
- You can freeze your chicken chili for up to 3 months. It should be your go-to treat during winter.
- Serve you cheesy chili after meals as everyone has settled down for a movie or TV night. It becomes your household culture.