Is Strawberry Pizza for Real?
What really? Is this for real? Are you sure? I am sure these are some of the few questions that come into your mind as you saw this blog post. Not everyone, but yes, a lot of people would be wondering this as they clicked on this blog.
Well, to be frank, fruit pizzas have existed for several decades. For example, Pineapple pizza is one example, and the very name Pineapple pizza can divide people like no other. Also, some find the concept and the taste absolutely beautiful; others find even the idea very repelling. Furthermore, fruit pizza is a combination of two entirely different foods and using them together to create something even nicer. For those that are still not convinced, you should remember that tomato is also classified as a fruit, not a vegetable.
So strawberries on a pizza may seem weird at first, but because tomatoes are commonplace will help you understand it better and also win the argument with friends.
Chances are it is strawberry season, and you have just plucked some really nice ones from your garden. Or you may have chanced upon these beauties in the supermarket. While there are tons of recipes for strawberry, not excluding the fact that you can just pop it in your mouth, we will introduce you to the strawberry pizza today.
Recipe for Strawberry Pizza
Let Us Start With the Ingredients
What you will need:
- 1-1/4 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of good vanilla extract
- 1/2-1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 5-7 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1-2 whole eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of fine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt as per taste
These are the ingredients required for the filling:
- 2-3 cups crushed strawberries
- 1-2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8-10 ounces of softened cream cheese,
- 1/2-1/4 cup corn starch
- 1-2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Total Time Required
- Preparation – 10-15 minutes
- Baking – 20-24 minutes
- Refrigerating – 60 minutes
Can make 16 servings and is good for 4-5 people at a time.
Directions for Preparation of Strawberry Pizza
- Take a large bowl for mixing and preparing the contents. Put the cream cheese and butter into the bowl. Now mix them evenly until it reaches a fluffy and light consistency. The initial mix is ready.
- Put the 1-1/2 teaspoon of good vanilla extract and 1/2-1/4 teaspoon of almond extract in the bowl. Now add the egg and give the contents a good mix. This may take a few minutes of patience.
- Now slowly and gradually add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the mix and mix it slowly and evenly to ensure all the contents get mixed properly and do not form lumps in one part. The end result will turn into a creamy mixture.
- This mixture needs to be rested for a while. So cover it up and let it rest for around an hour in the refrigerator.
- On the flat kitchen surface, sprinkle a little flour to prevent the dough from sticking to it. Take the dough and roll it on this surface. Make a nice 10-12 inch circle shape. This should be easy after this is done. Transfer the flat circular dough to a large enough pan. This is the base for the pizza.
- Preheat the oven – 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celcius. Now, bake this at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-24 minutes. Also, you should know that there is no need to wait the entire 24 minutes. Watch over to ensure it becomes slightly brown and remove it from the oven. Also, let it take its own time to cool down completely to room temperature.
- Take another large bowl; this time, add the smooth cream and confectioners’ sugar. Beat this mixture well until it is very smooth and fine. Spread this mixture over the crust of the base we too out of the oven.
- Slice some strawberries in a uniform shape. Place the sliced strawberries on top the mixture on the base.
- Take a large pan and make another mix. This time we will combine the crushed berries, corn-starch, and sugar. Blend them and heat them on medium flame to bring them to a boil. Reduce the flame to a simmer when boiled and let it boil slowly for 2-3 minutes until it starts to get thick. Once this is done, the topping is ready. Spread this mixture over the strawberries, and your pizza is ready. Refrigerate this preparation for the best taste and also retain it longer.
The delicious strawberry pizza is now prepared and ready to be served.
Nutrition Facts: Strawberry Pizza
Let’s also understand the content of nutrition in one slice of this pizza. One slice of this pizza will equate to:
- Around 250 calories (12%)
- 4g protein (6%)
- 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber) (15%)
- 15g of overall fat (which contains 7g of saturated fat) (23%)
- 160mg of sodium (6%)
- 40mg of cholesterol (15%)
- Vitamin A: 500IU (9%)
- Vitamin C: 14mg (17%)
- Calcium: 30mg (3%)
- Iron: 2mg (10%)
- Potassium: 74mg (2%)
- For the dough, use parchment paper on the pan if you like to get it off easily. Also, directly placing it on the metal pan gives a crustier finish.
- You can add a layer of custard mix on top of the strawberries to make it even tastier. Prepare the custard mix in a saucepan and when ready, just pour over the strawberries. There, you have some adaptation of the original recipe now. Everyone loves variations.
- Cook the strawberry mix till it looks glossy. It will give a very nice Instagram-worthy look to your pizza and totally change the way it looks. You can crush the strawberries by hand or mix them in a blender. Hand smashed will look chunky. At the same time, the blended ones will look smooth and glazed. The mix looks cloudy at first during cooking but slowly becomes glossy as it thickens. This will take some amount of time, and let it cook till that look is achieved. It will take around 2-3 minutes or more, depending on the amounts of contents on a simmer flame. Ensure to keep stirring; else, you will end up burning the mix.
- You can utilize store-bought dough to make matters easy and quick for you. You can also buy the crust and just heat it in the oven to make matters even easy. But the home-baked crust will taste exotic. Just saying. Other options that can be used in place for variations or to quicken the preparation time are a flatbread base or even use a naan-bread for the base.
- If you happen to like goat cheese, you can use it on the pizza for added flavor. Combine it with the topping of golden mozzarella and you have an even beautiful taste. You can finish it by adding basil, which will give it a nice touch of green color to the white and red pizza and also add to the flavor. This looks like a party already. Also, if you do not have a taste for goat cheese, simply use some Feta or more mozzarella. That should do the job. Keep the pizza in the oven till the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
- You can add a balsamic reduction to the pizza by simmering vinegar and honey in a saucepan. Leave it to simmer for 10-15 minutes, by when it should have reduced to about half its original content. Leave it aside while the rest of the preparation takes place. Once the pizza is ready, you can casually sprinkle the basil leaves and casually pour the balsamic vinegar on top.
And there, you have a perfect recipe waiting to be relished. Enjoy your treat and share this recipe page with all your friends. I’m sure they will try and love every variation of it. Also, it’s a good way to connect with friends and share information.
Great Homemade Recipe
This is a great homemade recipe that has been tried and tested by many before we recommended it to you. The homemade crust feels great and is a nice compliment to the soft topping and the texture of strawberries. Also, the crust feels like a cookie and holds the toppings better without getting soggy.
Finally, it goes beautifully well together, and everyone will appreciate it. However, even people who do not like desserts will end up loving them. Also, it’s easy to make and over in about 20-25 minutes if you arrange things properly and time everything well. Trust us, this is the best and easiest recipe to take to potlucks. You can have it during the meal or at the end of it, but people are going to love it, and it is a beautiful summer treat. I hope you liked our easy-to-follow instructions. Share it with your friends and family.