Strawberries are the ultimate and versatile fruit for any cooking. From smoothies, cocktails, sauces, bakes, cakes, salads, and much more, their taste is so versatile that they can pair up with anything and be accommodated in any recipe. Anyone who has had cupcakes will agree that fruit bakes are a hit. Bread is no less. The lovely golden-brown crust of the bread and the natural buttery taste of strawberries go very well together. That’s why we need introduce you to our delicious strawberry bread recipe. You will be surprised at how quick it is. Made with readily available ingredients, you can make it any time of the day, and it will be ready in just over an hour.
As good as the strawberry bread tastes on its own, it can also be paired up with something more. Along with a dollop of cream, frosting, or just plain old butter makes it even more delicious. In this strawberry bread recipe, too, we will try to give a slight variation to the recipe in the form of a topping of strawberry glaze so this will have a better look, taste, and experience.
Strawberry Bread Recipe Details
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- Course: Bread
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 394
Strawberry Bread Recipe Ingredients
For making the bread
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Walnuts or pecans – 1/2 cup (50 grams)
- Granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
- Egg – 1 large
- Whole milk – 1/2 cup
- Any oil – 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp.
- Plain vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon (or replace with almond extract)
- Baking powder – 2 tsp.
- Fresh Strawberries – 2 cups diced
- Salt – 1/4th tsp.
For making the glaze
- Fresh strawberries – 1/3 cup finely diced
- Heavy cream or milk – 1 – 2 tbsp.
- Plain vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp. (or replace with almond extract)
- powdered sugar – 2 cups
- unsalted butter – 2 tbsp. (melted)
- Set the oven to preheat to 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius) which is standard for most baking recipes. Keep the rack in the middle of the range to ensure even heating.
- Once the oven is heated, keep the walnuts on a baking sheet. Send them to the stove for 7 – 8 minutes or until they turn brown and you smell a lovely fragrance. Please don’t overdo it or else, they will burn quickly. Take them out and place them out to cool down naturally. Then chop them coarsely or crush them into smaller pieces. These chunky pieces will add the texture and taste of the bread.
- Take a medium-size bowl to mix all the ingredients and add the flour, baking powder, and salt to it. Mix them all so that they get incorporated well.
- Then take another large bowl to add the wet ingredients sugar, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix them all for a few minutes to ensure they are mixed, and there are no lumps formed. Once this is ready, add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients. You can use a mixer to get it. But do it slowly and steadily.
- Take another small bowl, and add the finely diced strawberries and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. We are only supposed to coat the strawberries roughly. Add these strawberries to the large bowl having the batter. The batter is now ready for baking.
- Grease the bread’s sides and bottom in a loaf pan using butter or a non-stick vegetable spray. Then, use parchment paper to line the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Gently pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes. Then, after 50 minutes, use the toothpick or fork method to poke the bread in a few places gently. If the toothpick or fork is clean, the bread is ready; else, let it bake for 10 minutes more. Ideally, by 60 minutes, the bread should be prepared unless you keep opening the oven a few times during the baking.
- Once ready, remove the loaf pan and let the strawberry bread cool for 10 minutes naturally on a wire rack. The bread is now ready.
- To prepare the strawberry glaze, take a small bowl and mix powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries, and plain vanilla extract. Combine them until it is smooth. Spread this glaze on top of the bread or its slices as you desire.
It’s best to have it immediately, but you can store the bread in an air-tight container for a week in the refrigerator. However, we recommend you always make it fresh.
- If you want the bread to rise higher, reduce the baking powder to just 1 tsp. And then add ½ tsp. of baking soda. This will give another slight twist to the bread’s look, feel, and texture without any more effort.
- To make the glaze rich and more spreadable, you can add whole milk or cream to the glaze mix. Then, use this immediately as sugar will naturally extract moisture from the strawberries turning the glaze soft and runny. After that, this will give you a nice and rich-looking creamy pink glaze. Ideally, the glaze should be slightly thick. Else even the bread will soften under the moisture and spoil the taste.
Strawberry Bread Nutrition
- Calories: 390kcal
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- Potassium: 183mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 43g
- Vitamin A: 113IU
- Vitamin C: 19.3mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
I hope the information in the article has been helpful. It’s a very easy recipe, and you would now agree that’s there’s hardly any prep time involved. Most of the ingredients will be already available in the kitchen. You can serve this hot as it tastes amazing right out of the oven serve cold with a dollop of cream or frosting to make it even yummier. Overall it’s a lovely recipe that’s completely healthy and devoid of any preservatives, thus better than those store-bought ones.
Read more related strawberry recipes: