Cooking frozen meatballs is straightforward. Many people purchased fully cooked meatballs as they thought it might be challenging to cook frozen meatballs. But it is not true. If you know the proper method, you can quickly cook them. Depending on your cooking method, overcooking them can result in them becoming extremely hard or soft. They will freeze from the inside if you do not cook them properly.
There are various methods to cook frozen meatballs. You can cook frozen meatballs in the oven, microwave, crockpot, and saucepan. Today, I will discuss how to cook frozen meatballs via different methods at home.
Cooking of Frozen Meatballs
We can use pork, beef, turkey, chicken, and vegetables to make meatballs, and they can freeze in sealed containers for several days. Meatballs from the freezer usually are pre-cooked, so all you have to do is reheat them. Depending on the dish you’re making, and how you intend to use the meatballs, you want to heat them using a particular cooking method.
Cooking in Saucepan
One of the easiest methods to cook frozen meatballs is to cook them in a pan. For this method, you’ll need:
- Pour the sauce of your choice into a saucepan.
- Place the desired number of meatballs in the pan. Make sure there’s enough room between the meatballs and don’t overcrowd them.
- Stir them so that all the meatballs are equally covered.
- Heat over medium-low heat, turning frequently.
- Heat them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until well heated or cooked.
Your delicious meatballs are ready.
Cooking in Crockpot
Cooking frozen meatballs in a crockpot is also very simple, but it takes time. These will help:
- In the crockpot, spread the frozen meatballs out at least 2 inches apart. Only fill the meatballs to roughly three-quarters of their capacity to ensure consistent cooking.
- Next, add salt and pepper to the meatballs according to your taste.
- Now Pour your favorite meatball sauce on top of the meatballs. You can use any sauce, but spaghetti sauce is always a preference. Other options are sweet and sour sauce, barbecue sauce, marina sauce, and cream sauce.
- Pour enough sauce to cover the meatballs completely.
- Set the crockpot on high and cook them for 4 hours.
- To avoid sticking, stir the sauce and meatballs at least once an hour.
- Put the meatballs with sauce over your spaghetti, serve as an appetizer, and you can also blend it with any other dish of your choice.
If you want, you may leave the meatballs warm in the crockpot for up to three hours. When you take meatballs out of the oven, they will still be tender and flavourful.
Cooking in Microwave
This method is the most acceptable way to prepare meatballs. But the fat from the meatballs will splash all over the microwave’s interior. For this, you’ll need:
- paper towel
- microwave dish
- First of all, gently line the microwave dish with a paper towel to absorb any grease from meatballs.
- Now arrange the meatballs to be a half-inch distance between them; this will help them cook properly.
- With a paper towel, cover the meatballs.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes at a high temperature.
- After the cooking time, keep the meatballs in the microwave for few more minutes to rest.
Your meatballs are ready, and you can serve them or mix them with any dish.
Cooking in Toaster Oven
A toaster oven is less expensive than a regular oven or a microwave. The only drawback of cooking frozen meatballs in a toaster oven is that you might have to do it in rounds if you’re making a significant amount. Frozen meatballs cooked in a toaster oven, on the other hand, will be just as excellent and flavourful.
It would help if you had:
- toaster over
- baking tray
- Cover the bottom of the toaster oven with foil to prevent the grease from dripping directly on the toaster.
- Now preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking pan at least half inches apart. It will allow us to cook the meatballs uniformly.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the meatballs show the light browned.
- Remove the meatballs with a pair of thongs. Mix the meatballs into the sauce.
Cooking of Frozen Uncooked Meatballs
If you have frozen uncooked meatballs, you can quickly cook them in the oven. Firstly, preheat the oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit. Then place meatballs with sauce in a tray. Cooking time will be significantly longer than using the oven method for already cooked frozen meatballs described above. To ensure that these frozen meatballs are adequately cooked, cook them for 35-40 minutes.
On all sides, they will look lightly browned. Make sure that you use a cooking thermometer. Uncooked meat is unsafe to eat because it can contain food-borne bacteria, so make sure to properly follow all cooking instructions and check the temperature of the meatballs before eating.
Cooking Frozen Meatballs – Frequently Asked Questions
Here I have mentioned frequently asked questions and answers about how to cook frozen meatballs?
Should I thaw or defrost meatballs before cooking in the crockpot?
You don’t need to defrost them if your recipe calls to cook for at least 2 hours. If you’re only heating anything through, such as a pre-cooked meal like soup, then you can defrost them before.
Is it okay to use a crockpot to cook frozen meatballs?
Yes, it is safe, although it takes time to cook in the crockpot.
Should meatballs be fried or baked?
Meatballs are made by mixing meat with bread crumbs and eggs for binding, then seasoning lavishly with spices and herbs to increase flavor. While pan-frying meatballs is the quickest way to prepare them, baking them is simple and can help you cut calories.
Frozen meatballs are a multipurpose food item that you should always keep on hand in your freezer for quick and inventive dinners; frozen meatballs are used in a wide variety of cuisines. Of course, the most excellent meatballs for Chicken Soup are chicken meatballs. For stews, you can use beef, pork, or chicken meatballs. In short, you can use any meatballs according to your dish or taste.