This recipe is a whole hibachi chicken dinner at home! With its restaurant-style sautéed vegetables, fried rice, and super tender chicken, this recipe is served with a spicy mustard dip sauce that really takes you to the Japanese steakhouse!
Why shouldn’t you shy away from trying this Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and vegetable recipe?
Let’s start by saying- “This Hibachi Chicken With Fried Rice Is So Good that you will crave for more!” So what makes this recipe delicious? Let us check out. This Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and vegetable recipe is seasoned with a perfect balance of spices, rich in taste, and ready in no time. This is how hibachi is made at home.
The mustard sauce adds a nice flavor and spicy kick, which complements the chicken, vegetables, and rice. You want to spread it on top of all your food. Yes, we know that after reading what this heavenly Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and the vegetable recipe serves you, your mouth must have started to water. Therefore, without wasting any more of your time, allow us to begin COOKING!
How To Make This Hibachi Chicken Recipe?
We will talk about everything from ingredients to equipment you will be needing. This recipe serves six people.
- Six tablespoons butter divided
- Three teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 12 tablespoons soy sauce divided
- Four tablespoons avocado oil divided
- Two teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- Bite-sized pieces of 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 cups cooked rice, cool to the touch
- Two eggs large
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- One tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Two teaspoons honey
- Two tablespoons dry mustard
- One clove of garlic minced
- One tablespoon sesame seeds, preferably lightly toasted
- Quartered and cut into 2″ pieces of one zucchini large
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms (8 ounces), quartered
- One large white onion, cut into 1/2″ pieces
If you are having a thought of pairing some wine with this luscious recipe, then you are indeed on the right track. You can go for Che Fico Nero di Troia or Che Fico Pinot Grigio Riserva, as they are best in complementing Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and Vegetables.
- Two large skillets or woks
Get Started With Our Cooking!
- Begin with the fried rice. Warm the avocado oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan and add the frozen vegetables and diced onion. Sauté about three minutes, until the onions are tender. Gently move the vegetables to the side of the pan.
- Stir in the eggs, and scramble them. Mix in your cooked rice which you add the butter to. Cook the mixture thoroughly for five minutes while carefully stirring. Add four tablespoons of soy sauce to the pot and cook for another minute. Scoop the fried rice into serving bowls with tight packing of rice to avoid steaming during service.
- Cook hibachi vegetables and chicken at the same time in separate pans. (You can use the same one that was used for the fried rice for the chicken). For the chicken, heat 1½ tsp. Sesame oil, and 1 tbsp. avocado oil in the skillet that you just used. Add the chicken together with three tablespoons of soy sauce and one tablespoon of butter.
- On top of that, add lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken until it finishes cooking, no more than 7 minutes. Stir the chicken only a few times so that the chicken browns nicely.
- To prepare the hibachi vegetables, use one tablespoon of avocado oil and one and a half teaspoons of sesame oil medium-high heat. Mix the zucchini, mushrooms, baby bell peppers, sliced onion, soy sauce, one tablespoon of butter, pepper, and salt, in the pan. Sauté approximately six to eight minutes to complete tender vegetables.
- For making the mustard sauce, you have two options. You can either prepare the mustard sauce before cooking to store in the refrigerator or prepare it as you are cooking to use immediately—toast sesame seeds for best flavor. Mix the two teaspoons honey, mustard powder, half and half, minced garlic, and hot water until creamy.
CUISINE- Asian, Asian / American, Japanese
PREP TIME- 15 mins
COOK TIME- 20 mins
TOTAL TIME- 35 mins
Saturated Fat: 11g
Vitamin A: 2591IU
Vitamin C: 14mg
Net Carbs: 112g
- For the mustard sauce: tenderly toast the sesame seed if desired. Mix the sesame seeds, the dry mustard, two teaspoons of sugar, half and half, the hot water, 1/4 cup of the soy sauce, and the minced garlic in the blender.
- Preparing the fried rice: Warm two tablespoons of avocado oil in a medium-sized wok or skillet over a medium-high flame. Add frozen vegetables and diced onion, sautéing for just about 3 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Set them on the side of the plate.
- Crack the eggs in the skillet and scramble with the spatula until it is cooked through and perfectly scrambled. Add 4 cups of cooked rice and four tablespoons of butter. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, add four tablespoons of soy sauce and cook for another 1 minute. Put the fried rice staunchly in the bowls to keep it hot.
- At the same time, make chicken and vegetables. For making chicken, heat one tablespoon of avocado oil and 1 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil in the same skillet used for fried rice. Add chicken, one tablespoon of butter, three tablespoons of soya sauce, lemon juice, pepper, and salt to the skillet. Cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes until it is no longer pink. Stir just once or twice so that the chicken is brown.
- For vegetables: heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of sesame oil and one tablespoon of avocado oil on medium-high heat separately in wok or skillet. Add the baby bella mushrooms, sliced onion, zucchini, one tablespoon of soya sauce, one tablespoon of butter, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir until the vegetables are tender, around 6-8 minutes.
Best Tips For Making Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and Vegetables
- Fried rice is a method of using old, leftover rice. To make hibachi rice, you may make a rice dish that you already made previously. To achieve restaurant-quality fried rice at home, use an already prepared and precooked rice purchased at the grocery store.
- If you are a grain-free eater, you can use cauliflower rice instead of rice.
- Toasting sesame seeds will improve the flavor of the sauce, but it isn’t necessary.