The Bisquick strawberry shortcake is an effortless classic summer treat. The name itself gives away most of its contents, which are fresh strawberries and biscuits. It can be your favorite recipe for those times when you are short of time to prepare any desserts, with no compromise on the taste, quality, and experience.
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 361 kcal
List of Ingredients
- Fresh Strawberries – 1 qt sliced
- Granulated sugar – 1/4th cup
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp melted
- Original Bisquick Mix – 2 and 1/3rd cup
- Fresh whole milk – 1/3rd cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Heavy whipping cream – 1/2 cup
- Set the oven to preheat at 425° Fahrenheit.
- Take a small mixing bowl and to it add all the sliced strawberries. Mix well the ¼ c sugar to the strawberries and keep them aside. You can create this mix around 30 – 40 minutes before the cookies are ready from the oven. While you can use the fresh berries as they are, you also have the option to macerate them with sugar or stevia. This adds flavor to the recipe and makes it even better. Macerate is when the berries release their juices when mixed with sugar. This process should be very lengthy, or else the fluids released will be a lot, and the biscuits will turn soggy and lose their taste. Do take care of this.
- Take another bowl and add the rest of the recipe ingredients to it. This will include the Bisquick mix, which should be mixed slowly with whole milk, sugar, and butter. Carefully incorporate all of them together, and avoid forming any lumps. The mix should be thick enough to create a tough, which is the consistency we are looking for.
- Use parchment paper or a baking sheet or an ungreased cookie sheet to place the dough in the form of shortcake discs. Once the dough is ready, please place them in spoonfuls on the baking sheet. The quantity of dough is enough to get around 6 – 8 biscuits on the baking sheet. Please send this to the oven and place them on the middle rack for even baking.
- Now that most of the recipe is ready, we will prepare the topping with whipped cream. Take a large enough bowl and add to it all the whipping cream. Start beating or whipping the cream with a whisker or a mixer. Start with a slow speed to prevent any splashing around and work your way to high speed. Overdoing this process will turn the cream into butter, so keep a careful eye. Your cream is ready when the cream looks dreamy with soft (yet firm) peaks starting forming. By this time, your biscuits should also be prepared in the oven.
- Do check the biscuits and see if they have turned golden brown. Poke them with a knife or a fork to check their readiness. Even the smell of the baked biscuits when you open the oven should indicate how done they are. Overall, the baking should take 10 – 12 minutes, or until all they turn golden brown.
- Once the biscuits are done, take them out and set them on a wire rack to cool down on their own. The biscuits are delicate right out of the oven, so let them cool down a bit to firm up else they will crumble easily.
- Serve the biscuits warm with the strawberries and the cream topping. Enjoy!
Related strawberry recipes:
Here are some tips for bringing Bisquick strawberry shortcake to perfection.
- Instead of placing random dollops of dough, you can also use a circle or heart or any other shape of a cookie cutter. This will make the cookies look uniform in size and shape. They will appear even more appealing.
- To brighten the taste of strawberries, add a little bit of lemon juice to the dough and see the magic. You will thank us for this one.
- You can add a bit of chocolate to the dough or even garnishing in the end to add another flavor.
- Ensure that you knead the dough well, or the ingredients will not incorporate well and will lead to a bad taste in the end.
- To make the cookies look great, you can dab a little bit of butter on the top of the cookies before baking.
- While this recipe tastes great with strawberries, try this recipe with other berries like raspberries, blueberries, and even plums and peaches. This recipe works great with berries as the sweet and slightly sour taste goes well together.
You can make the cookies and store them in advance. Reheat them in the microwave or the oven before consuming. You can also safely store the cookies outside at room temperature for up to 1 – 2 days unless it’s too hot. We can store cookies for up to a month in an air-tight container without issues. However, the strawberries topping and the cream have to be made fresh. While you can indeed store the sliced strawberries, strawberries will lose their taste if you let them macerate for too long, and the whipped cream will also lose its texture. So it’s best to store the cookies and prepare the rest of the stuff fresh. Add the sweetener to strawberries-only 30 – 40 minutes before consuming.
Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake Nutrition Facts
- Calories: 361
- Calories from Fat: 181
- Fat: 21g 31%
- Saturated Fat: 12g 69%
- Cholesterol: 85mg 28%
- Sodium: 336mg 15%
- Potassium: 376mg 11%
- Carbohydrates: 41g 14%
- Fiber: 4g 17%
- Sugar: 24g 26%
- Protein: 6.1g 12%
- Vitamin A: 691IU 14%
- Vitamin C: 92mg 113%
- Calcium: 162mg 16%
- Iron: 1.2mg 6%
Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake – Final Words
Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake is perfect as a midday snack or even one to end your day. An extremely quick to make a recipe and a refreshing taste, you will impress friends and family. Also, it looks adorable and Instagram-ready. I hope the information in the article has been helpful.