Salt is a substance you are familiar with. You use it every time you cook your meals. Food without salt tastes awful. Is that true? Salt is essential in your body and still has its disadvantage when misused. So you need to measure your salt intake keenly. Also, in this article, we are going to cover the best salt substitute.
What is salt? Salt is a combination of two minerals, i.e., sodium and chloride making (NaCl). When consumed in excess or less, it can as well harm the body. Your salt intake should be in moderation.
We Have Various Types Of Salts, Such as:
- Refined salt. This salt is the common one you use in your home while doing the cooking. The term refined means that it has gone through many processes before it is packed.
In this process, many nutrients have been removed for it to be ready for the package. Health-wise, it is not good because almost all the nutrients that should help in the body have been washed away.
- Sea salt. This salt has not undergone a lot of processing. It is only got out of the sea salt and evaporated. Also, it still has the presence of large particles in them. Besides that, It is better than refined salt, tho it may contain toxic substances from the sea due to water pollution.
- Pink Himalayas salt. It is best for usage and safe because it doesn’t have any toxic pollutants in it. It is taken from the Himalayas mountain. The good thing about this type of salt is that it has fewer sodium components.
- Kosher salt. This salt was used for religious purposes in the Jewish community. This type of salt was used in the removal of blood before cooking the meat.
- Celtic salt. This salt is very unique in itself. It contains some moisture in it. That is its form naturally.
When you feel it with your fingers, the salt is moist. Even if you place it in a cool, dry store, it will still be in a moist state.
Benefits Of Salt
- Salt helps in the balance of fluids that are found in the body.
- Salt helps in the maintenance of the blood pressure in the body. Blood needs to be controlled, and salt does that role.
- Salt has an antiseptic compound that helps in the healing of eczema, wounds, and even acne.
When you get injured, the first aid you apply is washing the wound with warm and salty water.
- When you get used to bath with saltwater often, you reduce the chances of getting wrinkles.
- Salt, when used with warm water, can be used for whitening the teeth.
Boil one cup of water and add salt. Let it cool for 5 minutes, use as a mouthwash.
- Salt can be used to treat nose blockage and running nose.
- Salt can be used to ease the pain caused by a sore throat. Gargling water and salt will help a lot.
- You can soak your feet in warm water with salt when you are feeling tired. This will relieve the fatigue. Note that salt has magnesium, and this compound helps the muscles to function well.
- Salt aids in constipation.Mix salt and some lemon juice and drink. This will ease the discomfort. Salt can be used to relieve insect bites and stings such as bee stings. Just rub some salt on the surface of the skin.
- Salt has a sodium compound that helps in the development of the brain.
Did You Know?
- Salt helps in removing excess carbon dioxide. You know that carbon dioxide is a toxic compound, and it’s harmful when accumulated in the body system.
The salt aids in removing carbon dioxide in the body through excretion. Excretion is the process of removing waste substances from the body system.
- Salt prevents dryness. This is because salt has an antibacterial component that prevents the growth of pathogens in the body.
- Salt has to relieve heartburn. When you take saltwater, it helps in the neutralization of the acid in the stomach.
- Salt can be used as a cleaning agent when mixed with vinegar.
- Salt helps in closing the open pores. When pores are exposed, the inside layer is at risk of getting infections.
- Salt helps in reducing scars on the skin’s surface.
- Salt also relieves the irritation and redness of the eye that comes with the itching of the eyes.
Even tho salt has many advantages and benefits. It also has disadvantages when consumed in excess.
Best Salt Substitute – Disadvantages of excess salt intake
- Excessive consumption causes high blood pressure, which can cause other diseases like heart attacks, kidney problems, etc.
- Also, excess salt increases water accumulation in the body which is dangerous to your health. Besides that, excess salt will damage the kidney, which does the work of excreting excess water from the body.
- And, excess water in the body will put pressure on the blood vessels, thus causing a heart attack.
Salt intake in excess is harmful and causes the risk of developing other diseases, and due to this, try and find the best salt substitutes that you can use while cooking to add taste to your food.
Types of best salt substitute
- You can include herbs in your cooking to replace salt for better health.
- Herbs such as Rosemary, mint, chives, etc., are some of the herbs that can be amazing and make the food taste delicious.
- You can use spices such as nutmeg, paprika, spices, cinnamon, etc., to spice up your flavor.
- You can use Himalayas salt in your cooking .this salt is natural and has health benefits as well.
- The Himalayas helps in the increase of libido, prevent muscle cramps, and improves sleep quality.
- The Himalayas helps in the improvement of respiratory diseases such as bronchitis.
- Himalayas salt balances the body’s pH and also blood sugar levels.
Now that you know which one is the best salt substitute, take salt in moderation for excellent health because excessive salt is harmful to your health.